Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Counting the Days....

After a fairly uneventful flight, Donna and I made it to Louisville yesterday evening, hooked up with our rental car, and made the drive to Paris, KY. True to form, it was raining the whole way. My brother welcomed us with open arms (and GREAT sandwiches), we admired the newly redecorated living room and bedroom, and we enjoyed "catching up" with Larry and Rox (and met their friend Brandon), and then it was off to bed.

This morning, we actually SLEPT IN. Wow. I'd forgotten what that felt like!

Now we're anticipating a trip to Quillin tack, and then watching the first Jog up. I need to come back to teach my class tonight....and then it's time for ROLEX!

I'm excited; so many folks from outside the US! And some familiar faces from TX: Bonner Carpenter and Clark Montgomery. Jimmy Wofford picked Philip Dutton to win it again this year (on Connaught, I believe), but he'll have some mighty competition. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment